TruBeam Linac with ExacTrac
TruBeam Linac with ExacTrac is a new Radiotherapy treatment procedure which yields more effective results in a shorter time without causing any harm to the healthy tissues. This image-guided Stereotactic treatment is a very versatile technique used by the Radiation Oncologists at Max Hospital, India to treat the most challenging tumors formed throughout the body, including those in the brain, liver, and spine.
Types of TruBeam with ExacTrac
There are two kinds of Stereotactic Treatment: Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) and Stereotactic Radiotherapy (SRT). In Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS), the dose is used in one fraction while in Stereotactic Radiotherapy, it is used in 5-10 fractions. However, the Image guided Stereotactic Treatment procedure has used the combined imaging and radiation therapy with more precision and accuracy. It has been used in Image-Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT), Intensity-Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT), Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS), and Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy.
The Function of TruBeam with ExacTrac
TruBeam with ExacTrac device is fitted with a beam-producing system for producing photon, electron, and diagnostic X-ray radiation, along with a control panel. The image control device is equipped with two robotic arms that rotate around the patient and takes a picture to determine the exact position of the tumor. Then the device delivers the precise amount of 3D Radiation dose. Since the machine rotates around the patient in 360 degrees, it measures the movement of the tumor. It delivers the right dose of radiation depending upon the position and size of the tumor.
Treatment with TruBeam with ExacTrac
The benefits of TruBeam with ExacTrac treatment are many. It aims at delivering fast and accurate image-guided treatment within a short period, thus reducing time and increasing accuracy.
TruBeam with ExacTrac treatment procedure is more effective with lesser side effects upon the patients.
- It enables the physicians to see the position and size of the tumor formed, particularly in the lung, liver, and pancreas, and helps them to target the therapy accurately. It is beneficial in treating T1, T2 Lung Tumours.
- Carcinoina Pancreas, and Liver Tumours. Certain tumors move as patients breathe. These tumors generally grow in the liver, pancreas, and lungs. TruBeam with ExacTrac device has a “Respiratory Gating* option that helps to maintain the accuracy of the radiation dose by detecting the position of the tumor along with breathing.
- TruBeam with ExacTrac device can measure the doses in millimeters and can check the time in every ten milliseconds to confirm accuracy.
- The accurate and precise treatment aimed through TruBeam with ExacTrac device produces less toxicity and thus does not harm the healthy tissues.
- It has also reduced the duration of treatment. Earlier, the treatment took 7-8 weeks to yield results, but now it has reduced to 1-2 days or 1-2 weeks, depending upon the condition of the tumors.
- The latest device helps the patients to communicate with the physicians in a very cozy environment.