Liver Resection Surgery In India
What is Liver Resection?
Liver resection refers to the surgical method of removing either all or a small portion of the liver along with tumours cells. The procedure is also known as a hepatectomy, which can either be complete or partial. Partial hepatectomy is a surgical process performed to remove a small section of the liver, while a complete liver resection refers to a full liver transplant
. Liver resection in India is conducted either through traditional open surgery method or with minimally-invasive techniques.
Who Can Undergo Liver Resection Treatment?
The main reasonwhy patients are advised to undergo liver resection is liver cancer. This procedure is performed for treating liver cancers, both benign and malignant.
Patients for liver resection treatment in India must meet these requirements:
- The tumor should be confined to the liver only.
- The patient’s liver must have enough healthy tissues for normal functioning after the diseased parts have been removed.
- People with underlying cirrhosis are not recommended for this treatment.
Medical Tests Conducted Before Liver Resection
Liver resection surgery is performed to treat various types of liver cancer. Liver resection hospitals in India suggest some medical tests for diagnosing cancer. These tests are mentioned below:
- Blood tests to check functional abnormalities of the liver,
- Imaging tests, such as MRI and CT scan,
- Removal of sample liver tissue for further testing in the laboratory to make definitive detection of liver cancer
Pre-Surgery Precautions for Liver Resection
Patients for liver resection must take care of themselves during the prep period before the surgery. During this period, they should:*
- Take a healthy diet.
- Reduce or quit smoking and drinking alcohol
- Take certain medications as prescribed by doctors before surgery.
- Patients who would undergo liver resection in India are advised to remain as active as possible before the surgery
Post-Surgery Recovery at Liver Resection
Some post-surgery recovery steps for patients are:
- Patients may need to stay at the hospital for five to seven days or as long as two weeks after the surgery depending upon their health condition.
- Schedule regular follow-ups as cancer may return, even after a successful surgery.
- Post-surgery, patients may also be recommended treatments like chemotherapy or radiation treatments.
Technologies Used at the Best Liver Resection Hospitals in India
Max Hospital is considered the best liver resection hospital in India for treating liver hepatic cancers, both benign and malignant. The hospital uses transection techniques like clamp crushing and ultrasonic dissection. Recently, for the treatment of liver transection, advanced instruments using various types of energy for coagulation or sealing of vessels have been developed. These include Harmonic Scalpel, radiofrequency devices, Ligasure, and TissueLink dissecting sealer. These new instruments, either used isolated or in combination with clamp crushing or ultrasonic dissection, successfully enhance the safety of liver resection procedures. With these cutting-edge technologies and expert surgeons, Max Hospital provides the best liver resection treatment in India.
Patients suffering from severe or partial liver cancer may benefit from liver resection surgery. Consult the specialists at Max Hospital for an effective treatment plan. To get an overview of the cost of liver resection surgery, click here
Cost of Liver Resection Surgery In India
The cost of liver resection surgery can be pretty high in Western countries. The cost of liver resection treatment in India, on the other hand, is affordable and transparent. Most importantly, the patients get access to expert surgeons and advanced technology here.