Left Ventricular Assist Device Surgery in India
Cost-effective Left Ventricular Assist Device is one of the advanced medical technologies used at Max Hospital, India for patients of end-stage heart failure.
It is a type of pump which is known as Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) as it helps to pump blood instead of putting pressure on the heart to do it. As the left ventricle of the heart is responsible for pumping blood to the rest of the human body, the LVAD is used to ease the discomfort of critical heart patients waiting for heart transplant surgery. LVAD helps the patient awaiting heart transplants to live until their turn for operation arrives. It also supports heart patients who are not awaiting heart transplants but have problems in pumping blood through their left ventricle. D.
Who Can Undergo LVAD Surgery in India?
There are many conditions where doctors recommend undergoing LVAD surgery in India:
- LVAD can help patients who are awaiting a heart transplant to sustain life until they receive the donor's heart. It can help the diseased heart to keep pumping blood
- Patients who are not eligible for a heart transplant due to age or other factors are advised LVAD. It also helps in improving the working of the other organs of a patient.
- Left ventricular assist device in India is for patients who have had critical heart surgery and need to recover. It is implanted for a short period until the patient recovers from their surgery completely.
- A VAD is also an option in complete heart failure where both the left and right ventricle is replaced by LVAD and RVAD (Right Ventricular Assist Device). It is recommended for patients whose symptoms are critical and who can not receive a heart transplant immediately.
How are LVADs Used in India
Cardiologists at Max Hospital use cost-effective Left ventricular assist devices in India as an effective treatment choice for patients with critical heart conditions. It can be either used as a bridge to transplant therapy destination therapy.
- Destination Therapy: these patients are not candidates for heart transplants, but they require long-term heart disease-related treatment. Therefore, they are suggested, cost-effective LVAD in India after diagnosis to improve their medical conditions.
- Bridge-to-Transplant therapy: LVAD treatment is provided to heart transplant patients who are awaiting transplant, but their heart is in critical condition.
Preparations for LVAD Surgery in India:
- The hospital performs various tests including ECGs, stress tests, organ tests, blood tests, cholesterol tests, prostate tests, etc.
- Before the surgery, the doctors at Max hospital inform the patient of risks involved during & post-surgery.
Post-Surgery Recovery after LVAD in India
- The doctors provide medications to the patient post-surgery, which they have to take throughout their life.
- Many directives and regular checkups have to be attended by the patient, where the doctors will check the condition of the VAD regularly.
Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) Surgery Cost in India
The cost of LVAD treatment in India depends on the patients' medical condition, the hospital, post-procedure assistance, and the city where the surgery is performed. Typically, these charges are transparent, and patients can discuss these with the caregivers and hospital staff before the surgery. Moreover, LVAD cost in India is less than what they offer in most Western countries. Thus, patients visit India for specialized surgeons, cutting-edge medical facilities, and world-class care at cost-effective prices.