Knee Replacement Surgery in India
What Is Knee Replacement Surgery?
Knee replacement is a surgical procedure wherein the knee’s damaged bone or cartilage is removed and replaced with an artificial one. The artificial joints are usually made of metal, polymer or plastic.
If you have chronic knee pain due to a condition like osteoarthritis or an injury, consult a doctor at Max Hospital India, one of the best knee hospital in India.
The doctor will suggest non-surgical options like medication, injections, certain exercises, and physical therapy. If the non-surgical options are ineffective, your doctor will advise you to undergo knee replacement surgery in India.
Your surgeon will conduct X-rays and a physical exam to determine the extent of damage and whether knee replacement suits you. Based on the results, your age, weight and other factors, the surgeon will suggest the type of surgery.
Max Hospital India is among the best hospitals for knee replacement surgery in India, with a very high success rate. Most patients report marked improvement in mobility and relief from pain following the surgery.
What Conditions Require Knee Replacement Surgery?
There are numerous conditions that may require you to undergo a knee replacement in India. The most common conditions indicative of total knee replacement surgery include:
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is one of the most common reasons for knee replacement surgery. This condition results from cartilage wear and tear and mainly affects people who are 50 and above. The carriage acts as a cushion between the bones and offers them protection. With age, the cartilage wears out, and the bones rub against each other. This causes pain and reduced mobility.
- Rheumatoid: Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease. In this condition, the body’s immune system targets the healthy cells, leading to inflammation in the knee and other joints. Some reasons that may cause rheumatoid arthritis include increasing age, obesity, smoking, etc.
- Trauma or injury: Trauma or injury can severely impact the knee joint. The ligaments may get damaged due to fractures or tear, leading to knee pain.
A damaged or worn knee will severely restrict your mobility and prevent you from performing everyday activities. Therefore, to lead a normal life it becomes imperative to undergo knee replacement at Max Hospital India, one of the best knee replacement hospital in India.
Known Symptoms Of Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis’s symptoms begin gradually. As time progresses, the symptoms get worse. Some symptoms of particular concern are mentioned below:
- Bone spurs
- Loss of flexibility
If you experience one or more of these symptoms, you should immediately get treated at one of the best knee surgery hospital in India. Max Hospital India is one of the best knee hospital in India and offers high-quality treatment and care to people affected by osteoarthritis.
Different Types Of Procedures For Knee Replacement
Max Hospital is one of the best hospitals for knee replacement surgery in India. It offers some of the latest technologies and techniques for knee replacement. Depending on your condition and need, the orthopedic surgeon at Max Hospital may recommend one of the following:
- Total Knee Replacement: This procedure entails removing the entire knee joint and inserting an artificial one in its place. The artificial joint will be made of metal or plastic. The patient will initially walk with crutches, but will recover and regain mobility through regular exercise. However, the recovery process will be much longer compared to a partial knee replacement surgery.
- Partial Knee Replacement: A partial knee replacement surgery will be performed if the disease or damage has affected a particular part of the knee. Only the damaged part will be removed and replaced by an artificial one. The healthy part or tissues will remain intact. In partial knee replacement surgery, the recovery is quick.
- Arthroscopic surgery: A tiny incision is made in the knee. An arthroscope, a very small camera, is inserted and displays images of the knee joint on the screen. This enables the doctor to view the extent of damage and perform the treatment.
Apart from these, depending on your condition, your doctor will advise you about the type of prosthetics best suited for you.
Most Advanced Knee Joint Replacement Options
Surgery for knee replacement in India requires the usage of some of the most advanced technology options. Max Hospital is the best knee replacement hospital in India, and the doctors offer several customized plans. This includes:
- Computer-assisted replacement surgery
- High flex rotation knee platform
- Gender-specific knee implant surgery
- Knee arthroscopic repair surgery
Knee Replacement Surgery Cost In India
Knee replacement is a major surgery, and the cost varies approximately between ₹50,000 to ₹400,000 or even more. Nevertheless, knee replacement surgery in India is far cheaper than the US or Western nations. Your knee replacement surgery cost in India may depend on factors such as:
- The type of surgery that will provide optimal results
- The kind of prosthesis
- The duration of your stay
- The need for physiotherapy and rehabilitation
- The hospital’s status
- Admission and doctor’s fee
- Patient’s age and medical condition
- Type of room availed by the patient
- Lab tests
- Any complication that may arise after the surgery
Contact Max Hospital India to get an idea of the cost of the operation. Your doctor at Max Hospital and the customer support personnel will advise you on the expected knee replacement surgery cost in India.
Why Choose Max Hospital India for knee replacement surgery?
- Max Hospital is one of the best knee surgery hospital in India.
- MHI has the best knee replacement surgeons in India whose experience and expertise match international standards.
- MHI comprises state-of-the-art medical infrastructure.
- The hospital relies on the latest technology to provide the best knee replacement surgery.
- Max Hospital has a proven record for some of the highest successful outcomes for knee replacement surgery in India.
- Care and attention is provided to every patient.
- The knee replacement cost is affordable and at par with international standards.
Post-Operative Therapy For Knee Replacement
After knee replacement surgery, you will have to exercise regularly. This will ensure that the knee recovers fully and attains mobility. Besides, exercise is necessary because it boosts blood circulation and prevents the formation of blood clots. However, exercise might feel intimidating for those who have recently undergone knee replacement surgery. On the contrary, exercise is a part of the rehabilitation and recovery process. Your doctor and therapist at Max Hospital India, one of the best knee replacement hospital in India,
will guide you on the various exercises, their duration and the number of times in a day that the exercises need to be done.