Max Institute of Renal Sciences
Max Hospital, India provides the best treatment for various urological conditions through advanced techniques for a Kidney transplant, laparoscopic urological surgery, reconstructive surgery of urinary tracts, and different kinds of laser urological procedures. Hence, considered the best hospital for the treatment of urological problems in India.
Types of Urologic Diseases
The term urologic diseases describe a variety of medical conditions relevant to the filtration, formation, and excretion of urine. Some common urological disorders are as follows
- BPH – Benign Prostate Hyperplasia: Benign Prostate Hyperplasia or enlarged prostate is the increase in the actual size of the prostate gland in Men. It is common in older men and can cause undue stress on the urethra. The patient will experience frequent urination and a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder.
- Urinary Incontinence: Patients with urinary incontinence lose control over their bladder and may suffer involuntary leakage of urine. This is an inconvenient and embarrassing condition that is associated with weak sphincter muscles of the urethra.
- Urinary tract infections: These infections are the results of bacterial or viral infestations of the urinary tract. They are common in women, and the most common symptom is burning sensation while urinating. Some patients might experience frequent urination and the feeling that the bladder is not completely emptying even after urinating multiple times.
- Calculi or stones in the urinary system: Sometimes the minerals present in the urine crystallize and form hard substances termed as renal calculi or stones. They can develop in different areas of the urinary tract and can block the flow of urine, resulting in pain during voiding. Both medical and surgical methods are postulated to manage renal calculi.
- Cancers: Cancer can form either in the bladder or kidneys. In this condition, the cells grow abnormally and uncontrollably, resulting in tumors inside or surrounding the organ. The prevailing conditions are blood in urine, pain during urination, frequency of urination & urinary urgency. Prostate cancers are common in elderly males and present as an abnormal proliferation of cells of the prostate gland.
All of the above problems demand immediate medical attention from a consultant urologist. The following are the diagnostic procedures to identify the issues of the urinary tract at the earliest.
- Urinalysis: This is a routine examination of the urine sample to check for blood cells, pus cells, bacteria, etc.
- Intravenous pyelogram: These are a series of X-rays taken after injecting a special dye to view the organs better on the X-ray. The organs that are studied are the bladder, kidneys and the ureters
- Ultrasonography: USG helps with images of the stones, swellings, and masses of the urinary tract. They are also helpful in determining urine retention in the bladder and in identifying the blockages in the kidneys and bladder.
- Computed tomography: It is an imaging procedure that uses special x-ray equipment to create detailed pictures, or scans, of the kidneys and ureters.
- Cystography: A urinary catheter is inserted in the bladder, and a contrast dye is injected. X-rays of the bladder are taken to learn its morphology.