Best Orthopedic Treatment Hospital in India
Max Hospitals are considered one of the top destinations for orthopedic or musculoskeletal sciences and provide wide-ranging treatments for knee and hip joint replacements, general orthopedic issues, pediatric orthopedic issues, sports medicine, pain management, and arthritis treatment. Max Hospitals provide unique services like computer-assisted Total Knee & Hip replacement surgery, Arthroscopic surgery, Hand, Shoulder & Elbow Surgery, Foot & Ankle Surgery, articular surface replacement hip surgery as well as traumatic orthopedic surgery.
Types of Orthopedic Disorders
Some common types of orthopedic disorders that people experience are,
- Arthritis: Arthritis is the inflammation of joints affecting the movement of the joint and the body parts that are connected with it. Arthritis is associated with pain, swelling, stiffness, and limitation of movement. The main reasons for arthritis are autoimmune diseases and infections.
- Osteoporosis: Osteoporosis is also referred to as a broken bone disease, where the bone becomes porous owing to a lack of calcium and mineral deposits. These bones are prone to unexpected and sudden fractures. It is common in the bones of the wrist, spine and hip. It is presented by decreased mobility, back pain, faulty postures, and a high risk of falling. The common cause of osteoporosis is smoking, low calcium diet, age, hypothyroidism and genetic disorders.
- Spondylitis: Spondylitis is the inflammation of the vertebra or the backbone. There are three types of spondylitis, namely, cervical spondylitis, ankylosing spondylitis, and lumbar spondylitis, depending on their area of origin. It is treated with NSAIDs and corticosteroids.
- Fractures: Fractures can happen in any bone of the body, and the common reasons are trauma, accidents, and depleted calcium deposition in the bones. Surgery is indicated to fix the broken bones into their place.
- Disc Diseases: These occur due to the changes in the disc causing pain.This could be majorly due to drying-out or cracking.If a person feels constant pain around their neck and back, then a check-up is a must.
- Spinal Fractures and Paralysis: A fracture or dislocation of the vertebra can cause bone fragments to pinch and damage the spinal nerves or spinal cord. Depending on how severe the injury is, the pain grows accordingly.
prescribe different diagnostic tests depending on the symptoms of the patient. The common diagnostic tests are
- Arthroscopy: This is a surgical procedure to visualize inside a joint. A small scope and a camera are inserted through a small incision on the affected joint to diagnose the underlying condition.
- Bone scans: These scans help in learning the tissue density. During the procedure, a small amount of radioactive materials is injected to reveal abnormalities.
- CT scans: These scans help the physician with detailed images of the bone under study.
- MRI scans: Very powerful Magnetic and radioactive waves are used to get clear pictures of the bones at various parts of the body.
- X-rays: X-rays make use of radiations to get a clear picture of the body and the bones.
Joint replacement surgery
- Electrical stimulation and TENS: Transcutaneous electrical and neuromuscular stimulation is used to reduce pain around the injured tissues.
- Traction: Traction is used in the treatment of neck pain and low back pain to reduce pain and to enhance mobility in the spine.
- Arthroscopic Surgeries: Here, the treatment and examination are done through the arthroscope. This reduces recovery time and increases the rate of success due to less trauma to the connective tissue.
- Joint replacement surgeries: A number of conditions can cause damage to the cartilages of the joint and cause joint pain. The most common causes of this damage are arthritis and trauma. When non-surgical treatments such as medication, POP application, and physical therapy are not able to render relief, doctors prefer surgery.
is a procedure in which parts of the joints are replaced with a metallic implant. These implants can replicate the movement of a healthy joint easily. Joint replacement surgeries are performed on the hip, knee, wrist, elbow, and shoulder. Hip replacement and knee replacement surgeries are the most commonly performed surgeries. Computer-assisted joint replacement surgeries utilize sophisticated computer imaging to assure the highest level of precision during the joint replacement procedure.