Best Liver Transplant & Surgery Hospital in India
Max Centre for Liver and Biliary Sciences is known all over the world for its liver transplant program as it has been providing an excellent success rate of more than 95%. The team, known to be pioneers in the field of liver transplant, comprises 200 members with 20 years of experience and have done over 3000 transplants. We also provide treatment for chronic liver failure, Hepatitis, liver tumours, and viral liver infection conditions.
The liver is a vital organ and performs numerous functions like digestion, protein synthesis, metabolism and detoxification, etc. If a liver cannot perform its functions, the patient will have to undergo a liver transplant.
In this surgery, the doctor removes the damaged liver and inserts a healthy liver in its place. The liver will be obtained from a deceased donor or a liver’s healthy portion from a living donor.
You can avail a Paediatric liver transplant surgery at Max Hospital India, a top liver transplant hospital in India.
MHI relies on superior technology and uses state-of-the-art medical procedures and equipment in liver transplant surgery.
The cost of a liver transplant at Max Hospital India is very affordable.
Every patient is provided personal attention and the best treatment.
Types of Liver Diseases
The liver plays a very significant role in metabolism. It also detoxifies the blood from chemicals and other toxins. Thus, it is prone to frequent infections if a proper diet is not followed. The following are some types of liver diseases that have a high incidence rate.
- Fatty liver: Accumulation of excess fat over the tissues of the liver is termed as fatty liver. Though it is not a severe condition, it can result in cirrhosis and other major liver diseases. Fatty liver can be of two types, namely alcoholic fatty liver disease and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Autoimmune conditions: In these disorders, the immune system of the body attacks the healthy cells in the body, thinking that they are foreign bodies.
- Hepatitis: It refers to an inflammatory condition of the liver. Hepatitis is caused by hepatitis A, B, C, and E viruses. Hepatitis A and E are caused by contaminated food and water, whereas contaminated blood products cause hepatitis B and C.
- Cirrhosis of the liver: Cirrhosis is the irreversible scarring of the liver, which causes liver cells to undergo permanent damage. The most common conditions are jaundice, itching and fluid accumulation in the abdomen.
- Genetic conditions: Some of the genetic conditions, such as Hemochromatosis, Wilson's disease, are inherited from any one of the parents, and it can severely affect the liver.
- Hepatocellular carcinoma: It is the tumour that erupts out of the liver cells. These tumours can spread to the other parts of the liver as well.
- Liver failure: Chronic liver failure happens when a part of the liver is damaged and cannot function properly. Typical conditions are jaundice, confusion, fatigue, diarrhoea, weakness, and nausea. Acute liver failure can be managed medically, whereas chronic liver failure demands liver transplantation and know more about liver resection in india.
The following are the diagnostic tests that are performed to rule out liver pathology.
- Blood tests: Doctors can prescribe a series of blood tests, often termed liver function tests, to diagnose liver diseases.
- Imaging tests: The extent of liver damage can be assessed with the help of an ultrasound scan, CT scan, and MRI studies. These studies reveal the nature and extent of liver damage.
- Tissue analysis: Removing a tissue sample, also known as a biopsy from the liver, can help in diagnosing liver disease at the tissue level appropriately. A long needle is inserted into the skin, and a small tissue sample is extracted. It is later analyzed to learn the nature of liver damage.
The centre of Liver and Biliary Sciences, at the Max Hospital, India
is one of the most popular destinations for liver transplantation. The centre has the best doctors
with more than 20 years of experience in performing liver transplantation. They make use of the best technology and equipment in performing the surgery with minimal access and without any complications.
Liver Transplant and Biliary Sciences: Condition and Treatment
Some conditions that may require a liver transplant surgery in India include:
Primary liver cancers: are cancerous tumours. These begin in the liver and, if not treated, can prove fatal. Hepatocellular carcinoma is a common cancerous tumour that affects adults.
Viral hepatitis: People infected with chronic hepatitis B or C are more prone to liver cancer.
Autoimmune hepatitis occurs when the body’s immune system impacts the liver. In Autoimmune hepatitis, the liver will swell.
Biliary atresia mainly affects newborns.
Acute hepatic necrosis is a condition wherein the liver’s tissue dies. The condition arises due to reactions to medicines or an infection.
Excessive intake of alcohol also has the potential to damage the liver.
The hospital will notify the recipient of the availability of a living donor liver. Upon reaching the hospital, some tests will be conducted to ascertain whether you are fit for the surgery.
Before the surgery, the patent will be given general anaesthesia. Next, the surgeon will make an incision across the abdomen. Your diseased liver will be removed, and the donor’s healthy liver will be put in its place. The blood vessels and the bile ducts will then be connected to the new liver.
Cutting Edge Technology Used for Liver Transplant Surgery
Max Hospital India uses advanced and cutting-edge technologies that ensure successful treatments and minimum discomfort to the patient. CUSA machine and CT scan are just a few technologies used at MHI. As a result, the best treatment is provided to the patient and once they have fully recovered, the patient can lead a normal lifestyle.
Liver Transplant Cost in India
The average cost of liver transplants in India is roughly from Rs 150,000 to Rs 250,000, or more. The actual cost of a liver transplant may vary because of many factors. Some of these factors are mentioned below:
- The patient’s medical condition
- The type of surgery
- Hospital’s reputation
- Surgeon’s expertise
- Surgeon’s fee
- Admission fee
- Type of room
Max Hospital India provides the best treatment at affordable rates. To get more information about the treatment’s cost, procedure, and other details, contact Max Hospital India.
Why Choose us for the Best Liver Transplant Hospital in India?
The outcomes of adult liver transplants in India at Max Hospital India have been phenomenal, making it the best hospital for Indian and overseas patients.
- MHI comprises the best doctors whose expertise matches international standards.
- MHI has comprehensive experience in liver transplants, and the success rate is much higher than other hospitals in India.
- MHI relies on the latest technologies in liver transplants and other treatments.
- The cost of treatment is affordable, and the quality of treatment and care is exceptional.
- MHI ensures that the patients recover fully and quickly.
Donor for Liver Transplant
The liver donor must be in good general health with a compatible blood type of the recipient as surgery requires the donor to go through multiple body tests to check that the body parts are in a good functioning process. We make sure that the donor is in a good state before discharge and can live a healthy lifestyle.