Top Liver Transplant Hospital in India
Max Centre for Liver and Biliary Sciences, is known all over the world for its liver transplant program as it has been providing an excellent success rate of more than 95%. The team, known to be pioneers in the field of a liver transplant, comprises of 200 members with 20 years of experience and have done over 3000 transplants. We also provide treatment for chronic liver failure, Hepatitis, liver tumors, and viral liver infection conditions.
Types of Liver Diseases The liver plays a very significant role in metabolism. It also detoxifies the blood from chemicals and other toxins. Thus, it is prone to frequent infections if a proper diet is not followed. The following are some types of liver diseases that have a high incidence rate.
- Fatty liver: Accumulation of excess fat over the tissues of the liver is termed as fatty liver. Though it is not a severe condition, it can result in cirrhosis and other major liver diseases. Fatty liver can be of two types, namely alcoholic fatty liver disease and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Autoimmune conditions: In these disorders, the immune system of the body attacks the healthy cells in the body, thinking that they are foreign bodies.
- Hepatitis: It refers to an inflammatory condition of the liver. Hepatitis is caused by hepatitis A, B, C, and E viruses. Hepatitis A and E are caused by contaminated food and water, whereas contaminated blood products cause hepatitis B and C.
- Cirrhosis of the liver: Cirrhosis is the irreversible scarring of the liver, which causes liver cells to undergo permanent damage. The most common conditions are jaundice, itching and fluid accumulation in the abdomen.
- Genetic conditions: Some of the genetic conditions such as the Hemochromatosis, Wilson's disease, are inherited from any one of the parents, and it can severely affect the liver.
- Hepatocellular carcinoma: It is the tumor that erupts out of the liver cells. These tumors can spread to the other parts of the liver as well.
- Liver failure: Chronic liver failure happens when a part of the liver is damaged and cannot function properly. Typical conditions are jaundice, confusion, fatigue, diarrhea, weakness, and nausea. Acute liver failure can be managed medically, whereas chronic liver failure demands liver transplantation.
Diagnosis The following are the diagnostic tests that are performed to rule out liver pathology.
The center of Liver and Biliary Sciences, at the Max Hospital, India, is one of the most popular destinations for liver transplantation. The center has the best doctors with more than 20 years of experience in performing liver transplantation. They make use of the best technology and equipment in performing the surgery with minimal access and without any complication.
- Blood tests: Doctors can prescribe a series of blood tests, often termed as liver function tests, to diagnose liver diseases.
- Imaging tests: The extent of liver damage can be assessed with the help of an ultrasound scan, CT scan, and MRI studies. These studies reveal the nature and the extent of liver damage.
- Tissue analysis: Removing a tissue sample, also known as a biopsy from the liver, can help in diagnosing liver disease at the tissue level appropriately. A long needle is inserted into the skin, and a small tissue sample is extracted. It is later analyzed to learn the nature of liver damage.
Donor for Liver Transplant
The liver donor must be in good general health with a compatible blood type of the recipient as surgery requires the donor to go through multiple body test to check that the body parts are in a good functioning process. We make sure that the donor is in a good state before discharge and can live a healthy lifestyle.