Top Kidney Transplant Hospital in india
Max Hospital, India offers exceptional treatments in kidney transplants, cardaneric kidney transplant live donor transplant including an advanced ABO Incompatible Kidney Transplant procedure (transplant without a blood type match). It is committed to providing services in the areas of urology, chronic kidney disease, dialysis, kidney transplantation, and renal diseases. It is renowned for its procedures as we are fully equipped for all endoscopic and laparoscopic surgeries.
Some signs of renal failure and end-stage renal disease that demands renal transplantation are,
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Fatigue and weakness
- Sleep problems
- Changes in urination
- Muscle twitches and cramps
- Swelling in the ankles and feet
- Persistent itching
- Chest pain, when fluid builds up at the lining of the heart
- Shortness of breath and high blood pressure.
There are many causes of renal failure, and doctors perform specialized medical tests to diagnose the cause and the extent of renal damage. The following tests are generally performed to identify the extent of renal disease.
- Renal ultrasound: This imaging exam makes use of high-frequency sound waves to view the kidneys through real-time imaging tests.
- CT: Computed Tomography combines special X-ray equipment along with computers to present multiple images and pictures of the kidney. With the help of these, doctors can estimate the exact causes of kidney failure.
- Blood tests: Renal function tests are a series of blood tests that help in determining the abnormalities in the renal excretory system.
- Renal Scintigraphy: It is a renal nuclear test, where the kidneys are evaluated with the help of a gamma camera and a radiotracer. This test renders information about the functions of the kidneys and how well it can excrete urine.
- Tissue biopsy: With the help of imaging studies, a small portion of the kidney tissue is removed and studied under the microscope for abnormalities.
Before the surgery, patients need to undergo a thorough medical and surgical assessment. They are subjected to a series of laboratory tests, including complete blood count, renal functions test, USG kidneys, etc. Recipients are also put on immunosuppressive drugs to avoid graft rejection. Perioperative antibiotic therapy is adapted to prevent post-operative infections. The pre-operative diagnostic test panel includes
- Renal function tests
- Complete blood count to rule out anaemia
- Measurement of arterial blood gases
- Physical examination
- Chest radiograph etc
After surgery, the patient is taken to the recovery room and is continuously monitored for alterations in vital parameters. Pain medicines are administered to manage post-operative pain. Movements are restored at the earliest to avoid deep vein thrombosis, and deep breathing exercises are promoted to prevent chest congestion.
Patients are predominantly monitored for graft rejection. Rejection is the most frequent and significant complication of renal transplantation. Thus the patients need to take anti-rejection medications as prescribed, without missing a dose to avoid graft rejection.
Distinctive Approaches to Kidney Transplant Surgery
Max Hospital, India is a pioneer in rendering all kinds of kidney transplantation surgeries, including the most advanced ABO-incompatible kidney transplantation procedure. They perform robotic kidney transplantation surgery and are also experts in laparoscopic surgeries of the urinary tract. Choosing the best hospital to get kidney transplantation does enhance the chances of early recovery and a healthy life. They are equipped with state of the art facilities and eminent nephrologists and urologists and have conducted many kidney transplant surgeries.
Donor for Kidney Transplant
To be a kidney donor, the person must be in a good and positive mental state. Along with this, it requires good physical health. Certain precautions are required before surgery, like a healthy routine and diet as this will help with a speedy recovery. From starting the treatment to the donor's discharge day, we keep a close check of the donor's health.