Max Hospital is one of the best cancer hospitals in India that offers the latest treatments under surgical oncology, radiation oncology, and medical oncology. With over 100 oncologists, Max Hospital provides world-class treatment facilities and focused care to cure different types of cancer such as breast, gastrointestinal, lungs, neck and head, etc.
Types of Cancer Treated at the best cancer hospital in India
There are various types of cancers, and each has its diagnosis process as well as treatment. Some of the prevalent cancers are mentioned below:
- Breast Cancer – This refers to the abnormal growth in the breast cells. It is one of the most common cancers across the globe, and it may occur in both men and women. Breast cancer can be identified through Breast MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) and mammograms at an initial stage. In many cases, breast biopsy is done to detect tumour type, size, and even for detecting the status of the receptor.
- Gastrointestinal Cancer – This type of cancer refers to the malignant conditions of the gastrointestinal tract (GI tract) and various related organs such as the oesophagus, stomach, liver, pancreas, gall bladder, large intestine, small intestine, rectum, and anus. In GI cancer, often, a mass or an ulcer is identified in the gastrointestinal area that spreads through the entire inner lining. At Max hospital, India we provide the best cancer treatment in India for all gastrointestinal organs like liver, small intestine, oesophagus, stomach, pancreases and many more
- Head and Neck Cancer – Head and neck cancer means abnormal growth in the cells of the mouth, nose, throat, larynx, sinuses, or salivary glands. Head and neck cancer includes Oral cancer, Laryngeal cancer, Pharyngeal cancer, Thyroid cancer, Salivary gland tumours, Parathyroid tumours, Nasal cavity cancer, and Skin cancer.
- Hematology-Oncology - In haematology-oncology or blood cancer, the secretion of blood is adversely affected owing to the improper functioning of the blood-producing cells. This type of cancer usually attacks the bone marrow, which is known to be the primary source of blood production in the human body. The stem cells of the bone marrow are mainly responsible for producing three types of blood cells, namely, red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. Know more about bone marrow transplant in india.
- Gynecologic Cancer- Gynecologic oncology provides an integrated approach to the diagnosis of complex benign gynecologic diseases. These comprise vulvar cancer, fibroids, endometriosis, vaginal cancer, uterine cancer, and cervical cancer. At Max Hospital, India, we provide the best cancer treatment in India for all gastrointestinal organs like the liver, small intestine, oesophagus, stomach, pancreas, and many more.
- Urologic Cancer- This type of cancer affects the organs and structure of the urinary system of males and females. They are of different kinds, and the treatment is tailored according to their kind.
- Thoracic Cancer- Thoracic cancer is a type of cancer that begins in the lungs. It is the leading cause of cancer deaths among men and women. At Max Hospital, India, we have experienced oncologists that provide the best cancer treatment in India. They specialize in treating various kinds of thoracic cancer, including lung cancer, chest wall tumours, mediastinal tumours, oesophagal cancers, mesotheliomas, pulmonary, and pleural metastases.
Diagnosis for effective cancer treatment in India
For diagnosing cancer, doctors at the
best cancer hospital in India may use one or more approaches that may vary from one individual to another. Some of the diagnosis methods are
- Physical examination – In the physical examination, doctors may feel for the presence of lumps in the body and may also look for significant abnormalities such as organ enlargement, skin colour change, etc.
- Laboratory tests – Lab tests such as blood and urine tests are useful to identify bodily abnormalities.
- Imaging tests – Imaging tests such as CT (a computerized tomography) scan, MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), bone scan, PET (positron emission tomography) scan, X-ray, ultrasound, etc. are useful in detecting and diagnosing cancer.
- Biopsy – In a biopsy, a sample of cells is collected for testing purposes in the laboratory. These samples are looked at under a microscope, where healthy cells look uniform, and the cancer cells seem to be less orderly.
Cancer Treatment in India
Technology in India is rapidly advancing and you will get state-of-the-art technology at the best cancer hospital in India. At Max Hospital, we use Da Vinci Robot
, a highly accurate machine-assisted surgical tool for higher precision. Moreover, the cancer treatment cost in India is less than you can expect in most Western countries. Patients are assured that when they travel to India they will get experienced surgeons, latest medical facilities, and world-class care at a cost-effective price.