Max Institute of Cancer Care, India, is one of the leading hospitals which offers the latest treatments under surgical oncology, radiation oncology, and medical oncology. With over 100 oncologists, Max Institute of Cancer Care provides world-class treatment facilities and focused care to cure different types of cancer such as Neck, Head, Breast, Gastrointestinal, Lungs, etc.
Types of Cancer
There are various types of cancers, and each has its diagnosis process as well as treatment. Some of the prevalent cancers are mentioned below:
- Breast Cancer – This refers to the abnormal growth in the breast cells in Women. It is one of the most common cancers across the globe, and it may occur in both men and women. Breast cancer can be identified through MRI mammograms or X-Ray mammograms in the form of lumps at an initial stage. In many cases, breast biopsy is done to detect tumor type, size, and even for detecting the status of the receptor.
- Gastrointestinal Cancer – This type of cancer refers to the malignant conditions of the gastrointestinal tract (GI tract) and various related organs such as the esophagus, stomach, liver, pancreas, gall bladder, large intestine, small intestine, rectum, and anus. In GI cancer, often, a mass or an ulcer is identified in the gastrointestinal area that spreads through the entire inner lining. At Max hospital, India we provide cancer treatment for all gastrointestinal organ like liver, small intestine, esophagus, stomach,pancreases and many more
- Head and Neck Cancer – Head and neck cancer means an abnormal growth in the cells of the mouth, nose, throat, larynx, sinuses, or salivary glands. Head and neck cancer includes Oral cancer, Laryngeal cancer, Pharyngeal cancer, Thyroid cancer, Salivary gland tumors, Parathyroid tumors, Nasal cavity cancer, and Skin cancer.
- Hematology-Oncology - In hematology-oncology or blood cancer, the secretion of blood is adversely affected owing to the improper functioning of the blood-producing cells. This type of cancer usually attacks the bone marrow, which is known to be the primary source of blood production in the human body. The stem cells of the bone marrow are mainly responsible for producing three types of blood cells, namely, red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets.
- Gynecologic & Urologic Cancer- Gynecologic oncology provides an integrated approach to the diagnosis of complex benign gynecologic diseases. These comprise vulvar cancer, fibroids, endometriosis, vaginal cancer, uterine cancer, and cervical cancer. At Max Hospital, India, we provide cancer treatment for all gastrointestinal organs like liver, small intestine, esophagus, stomach, pancreases, and many more.
- Urologic Cancer- This type of cancer affects the organs and structure of the urinary system of males and females. They are of different kinds, and the treatment is tailored according to its kind.
- Thoracic Cancer- Thoracic Cancer is a type of cancer that begins in the lungs. It is the leading cause of cancer deaths among men and women. At Max Hospital, India we have the best oncologists who specialize in treating various kinds of thoracic cancer, including lung cancer, chest wall tumors, mediastinal tumors, esophageal cancers, mesotheliomas, pulmonary, and pleural metastases.
For diagnosing cancer, doctors may use one or more approaches that may vary from one individual to another. Some of the diagnosis methods are:
- Physical examination – In the physical exam, doctors may feel for the presence of lumps in the body and may also look for significant abnormalities such as organ enlargement, changing of skin color, etc.
- Laboratory tests – Lab tests such as blood and urine tests are useful to identify bodily abnormalities.
- Imaging tests – Imaging tests such as CT (a computerized tomography) scan, MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), bone scan, PET (positron emission tomography) scan, X-ray, ultrasound, etc. are useful in detecting and diagnosing cancer.
- Biopsy – In a biopsy, a sample of cells is collected for testing purposes in the laboratory. These samples are looked under a microscope, where healthy cells look uniform, and the cancer cells seem to be less orderly.