Best Bone Marrow Transplant Hospital in India
Max Hospital, India provides exceptional medical services in Bone marrow transplant for patients who have Leukaemia blood cancer, Multiple Myeloma, and severe blood diseases like that of sickle cell anemia, plastic anemia, and Thalassemia.
Types of Diseases All kinds of blood cancers demand bone marrow transplantation. The procedure has high success rate in infusing new blood cells in the body after the cancerous cells are destroyed by radiation. The types of diseases that affect Bone marrow are
- Hodgkin’s lymphoma and Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Aplastic anemia
- Chronic myeloid leukemia
- Relapsed Acute lymphoid leukemia
- Follicular lymphoma, Myeloma, and chronic lymphoid leukemia
Diagnostic Tests Before bone marrow analysis and transplantation, specific tests are mandatory, which includes a series of blood tests, chest X-rays, heart tests, PET scans, and a bone marrow biopsy. Tissue typing is performed to evaluate the compatibility of the bone marrow tissue between the donor and the recipient. The donors are also screened for transmissible diseases and other medical problems
- Blood tests Complete metabolic panel tests Hemoglobin solubility Bleeding time and clotting time ABO compatibility Total blood count and differential count Platelet count
- Chest X-ray: To rule out the presence of lung infection and diseases.
- Pulmonary function tests: To measure the role and capacity of the lungs
- PET scan: To detect the level of functioning of the body organs and tissues.
- Bone marrow biopsy is performed to assess the extent of disease involvement.
Treatment Blood cancers such as Leukemia, Myeloma & Lymphoma are treated with chemotherapy to kill the cancer cells. The next most crucial treatment modality is bone marrow transplantation.
Types of Bone Marrow Transplant
After ensuring that the patient is fit to undergo the transplant, the doctor places a central line in the neck or chest. This line stays in throughout the transplant. Before the transplant, the patient will require chemotherapy and radiation therapy to kill the cancer cells in the body and to make room for new stem cells.The success of the transplant depends on how close the donor and recipient match genetically. The state of engraftment is monitored regularly for at least 2 to 4 weeks after the initial operation. It depends on the stage and duration of the disease and the condition of the patient at the time of transplantation. Max hospital, India has some of the best bone marrow specialists and advanced infrastructure for BMT to perform the procedure at a 100% success rate.The BMT procedure requires negative pressure and MEPA filters in the room that Max Hospital provides to the patients.
- Allogenic: This uses healthy blood stems from the donor, and the person must be an acquaintance or a family member of the recipient
- Autologous: In this, the healthy blood stems are used from the patient's body itself to replace the diseased cells.