Prof. Arora, Guinness World Record holder and Limca Book of Records holder is an internationally known figure in Orthopedics and Joint Replacement. He has been performing Joint Replacements from 1988, experience of more than 30 years and 10,000 Joint Replacement Surgeries. Teaching in medical college and training Orthopaedic doctors, has provided him with vast surgical and clinical experience and expertise. He has wide-ranging skills in Knee and Hip Replacement surgeries. He is known for his sound clinical judgment and fine surgical skills. He was the first surgeon to start PINLESS Computer Navigated Total Knee Replacements in North India. He is regularly performing primary, complex and revision (Pinless Computer Navigated) Knee and Hip Replacement Surgeries. He is also performing Primary and Revision Elbow and Shoulder Replacements.
- Experience of about 30 years and more than 10000 joint replacement surgeries in the field of Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement
- Primary, Complex and Revision Joint Replacement Surgeries at UK, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, London
- Professor at University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- Assistant Professor at Dr. S. N. Medical College and Mahatma Gandhi Hospital, Jodhpur.
Education & Training:
- Commonwealth Fellow Joint Replacement Surgery (London, UK)
- Joint Replacement and Arthroscopy (Australia)
- Diploma SIROT (USA), FAPOA (Korea), FIGOF (Germany), FJOA (Japan)
- DNB in Orthopaedics from National Board of Examinations
- MS in Orthopaedic from Dr. SN Medical College, Jodhpur
Awards & Achievement:
- Awarded GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS for largest gathering of Joint Replacement patients, 8th April 2018.
- Registered a record in Limca Book of Records 2017 for making a lady walk, after being bed ridden for 30 years, by Total Knee Replacement surgery.
- Awarded “LEGEND in Orthopaedics” by Times of India “Times of India Healthcare Achievers Award 2018”, New Delhi.
- Awarded “Most Inspiring Orthopedics Surgeon of India” by The Economic Times, New Delhi, June 2018.
- Awarded “CEOs ValYou Award” on Max Healthcare Annual Day, Delhi, 2018.
- Awarded “SUSRUTA AWARD” on Max Healthcare Annual Day, Delhi, 2018.
- Awarded “DMA Vishisht Chikitsa Ratan Award”, New Delhi, July 2018.
- Awarded “LEGEND in ORTHOPAEDICS” by Times of India Group “Times of India Healthcare Achievers Award 2017”.
- Awarded “Best Joint Replacement Surgeon in Delhi” by India’s Most Prominent Healthcare Awards 2017 (Merit Awards & Market Research Private Limited), New Delhi.
- Awarded “Best Joint Replacement Surgeon in India” by Xel Research in Best Doctor and Healthcare category, New Delhi, India, 27th May 2017.
- Awarded by Senior Citizen Council of Delhi for Joint Replacement Services, on Elder’s Day, 1st October 2017. Awarded by Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi.
- Awarded “Most Loved Doctor” 2015-2016 Max Superspeciality Hospital Patparganj.
- Awarded “Excellence in medical services for senior citizens” in year 2015 by Chief Minister of Delhi.
- Awarded “Safe Hands” by Max Super Speciality Hospital Patparganj (for prevention of surgical infections).
- SIROT Award in USA ( First Indian to win this award from a body of 85 countries)
- Japanese Orthopaedic Association Congress Scholarship
- Fellowship from World Orthopaedic Concern- SICOT
- Young Ambassadorial Fellowship of Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association
- Indo- British Travelling Fellowship.
- Indo German Orthopaedics Foundation Fellowship, 2004 & Weller Gold Medal.
- AA Mehta Gold Medal of Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Silver Jubilee Oration Award of Indian Orthopaedic Association
- White Paper (National Consensus Paper) award by Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Johnson & Johnson Traveling Fellowship of Indian Orthopaedic Association
- North Zone Orthopaedics Association Traveling Fellowship
- Scroll of Honor- Indian Medical Association EDB (2016)
- Scroll of Honor- Indian Medical Association EDB (2015)
- DMA Vishisth Chikitsa Ratan Award- Delhi Medical Association (2015)
- Excellence in Medical Services Award- Indian Medical Association EDB (2014)
- Young Jewel Award- Indian Medical Association EDB (2013)
- Award of Appreciation- Indian Medical Association EDB for Outstanding Meritorious services (2010)
- GEM Award – Max Superspeciality Hospital
- Member- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS): Committee for Standardization of Orthopaedic Implants
- Past National Delegate from India – Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association
- Joint Secretary – Indian Orthopaedic Association (2009-2011)
- Past Member – Implant Committee, Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Chairman – Basic Sciences Committee, Indian Orthopaedic Association (2006-2009)
- Vice President – Delhi Orthopaedic Association (2009-2010)
- Secretary – Delhi Orthopaedic Association (2007-2009)
- Editor – Delhi Journal of Orthopaedic (2005-2009)
- University Medals in General Pathology, General Surgery and Orthopaedics
- Presented about 226 Talks/ Lectures, Published about 50 research papers have about 20 Chapters in National Text Books.
- External Examiner for Orthopaedics to various Universities of India
- On the International and National Faculty for training Doctors for Knee and Hip Replacement
- Young Orthopaedic Investigator Award Session (APOA Singapore)
- Co Editor of the film “Total Hip Replacement Surgery” Telecast by Door Darshan on National Network under UGC Programme, on 17th January 1989.
- Computer Assisted Navigated Total Knee Replacement
- Oxford Unicompartmental Knee - Advanced Instructional Course
- Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association
- Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Knee Section - Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association
- Hip Section - Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association
- World Orthopaedic Concern
- lndo - German Orthopaedic Foundation