Dr. Rajesh Khullar is one of the longest serving surgeons in the field of Laparoscopic Surgery in India. He has been religiously associated with the department of Minimal Access Surgery since its very inception. He was the Vice Chairman of Minimal Access & Bariatric Surgery Centre, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi and is now working as Director - Max Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery, Max Healthcare.
- Junior Consultant at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital in 1985
- Worked with Dr KC Mahajan from 1985-1995 as Associate consultant at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Joined a dedicated Department of Minimal Access (Laparoscopic ) surgery along with Dr Pradeep Chowbey at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital in 1996 as Senior Consultant and continued to work as Vice Chairman of department till November 2009
- Joined Max Hospital as Senior Consultant in Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery in November 2009.
Education & Training:
- MBBS (AFMC), AFMC, Poona University
- Internship, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
- House Job (Surgery), PGI, Chandigarh
- M.S. (Gen. Surgery), PGI, Chandigarh
Awards & Achievement:
- President, Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society of India (OSSI).
- Honorary Secretary, Hernia Society of India (National Chapter of APHS).
- Joint Secretary, Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
- Hony. Secretary, Indian association of gastrointestinal endosurgeons (IAGES)
- Accredited faculty, National Board of Examinations for post-doctoral fellowship in Minimal access surgery.
- Faculty member, Ethicon Institute of Surgical education, New Delhi.
- Jr. editor, Hernia section, Journal Of Minimal Access Surgery (JMAS)
- Reviewer, Hernia Journal
- Teaching faculty, CEMAST, Mumbai
- Dr Khullar has played a lead role in organizing multiple national and international conferences on various subjects of laparoscopy in India.
- He has been invited as expert and guest faculty for various international and national Bariatric, metabolic and Hernia conferences.
- Life Member, International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Life Member, Society of Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia (ELSA)
- Life Member, Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Life Member, Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Life Member, Indian Society of Surgical Gastroenterology (ISG)