- Total years of experience till date: 40years in Cardio-thoracic Surgery
- Senior Registrar CTVS Jul 1976- Dec1978, CMC Hospital, Vellore
- Lecturer, CTVS Jan1979-Jul 1979 CMC Hospital, Vellore
- ADMO Cardiac Surgery Jul 1979- Jan1983 S. Rly Hospital, Perambur, Chennai
- Senior Registrar, Jan1983-Jun1985 Royal Prince Alfred & St. Vincents Hospital, Sydney & Royal Children Hospital, Melbourne
- Specialist Surgeon (CVS) (SA Grade) Jul 1985-April1989, Indian Railways Southern Railway HQ Hospital Perambur, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
- Chief Cardiac Surgeon May1989-Dec 1995,
- Director of Cardiac Surgery, Batra Hospital & Medical Research Centre, New Delhi – 110 062
- Senior Consultant, CTVS Jan1996- Jun2003 Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi – 110 076
- Chairman & Managing Director& Apr 2003-Jun 2009
- Chief Cardiac Surgeon, Delhi Heart & Lung Institute, New Delhi – 110 055
- Senior Consultant, CTVS Jul 2009 – Aug2013, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi – 110 076
- Chairman, Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery Sep 2013- to date Saket City Hospital, New Delhi -110 017
- Member, Governing Council, Indian Council of Medical Research
Education & Training:
- MBBS Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi 1969
- MS (Gen.surgery) Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi 1975
- M.Ch.,(C.T.S.) Christian Medical College, Vellore (T.N.) 1979
- MNAMS (CTVS) National Academy of Medical Sciences 1980
POST DOCTORAL SKILL ENHANCEMENTS
- Advanced training in Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery under the world renowned heart surgeon Prof. Douglas Baird at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia (1983).
- Advanced Training in Paediatric Cardiac Surgery under Prof. Tim Cartmill at Royal Alexandra Hospital for Sick Children, Sydney, Australia (1984).
- Heart Transplant training under the able guidance of Dr.Victor Chang & Dr. Mark Shanhan at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Sydney (1984).
- Advanced training in Pediatric Cardiac Surgery under another world renowned figure Dr.Roger Mee at the Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne, in 1985
Awards & Achievement:
- The prestigious ‘PADMA SHRI’ by the President of India in 2013.
- National Citizen’s Award conferred by Shri R K Narayanan Vice President of India in 1992.
- The National Excellence Award 1996 awarded by former Prime Minister Chandra Shekhar.
- Centenary Award DMA 2014
- Excellence Award MAMC 2015
Fellow of the Indian Association of Cardio-vascular & Thoracic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the Indian College of Cardiology
- Fellow of Indian College of Interventional Cardiology
- Fellow of Indian Society of Cardiology
- Fellow of International Medical Sciences Academy
- Member, National Academy of Medical Sciences
- Member, European Association of Cardio Thoracic Surgeons
- Member, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, USA
- Member, International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgeons
- Member, Cardiological Society of India
- Member, Cardiological Society of India (Delhi Chapter)
- Formerly Nominated Founder Member, Delhi Medical Council
- Member, All India Heart Foundation
- Member, Hospital Infection Society
- Member, Delhi Medical Association
- Member, Rotary Club (3010) Delhi Central
- Member, National Accreditation Board of CII.
- Member, Governing Council Janakpuri Superspecialty Hospital , Govt of Delhi
- Member, Steering Committee, QCI – AIMED Voluntary Initiative on Medical Devices