Nose reshaping, often referred to as rhinoplasty, is a surgical procedure that helps correct the shape of the nose that has been genetically endowed or caused due to trauma. Apart from enhancing the aesthetic appeal of the nose (and the face), nose reshaping surgery is also undertaken to improve breathing.
Max Hospital is a pioneer in nose reshaping in India and offers state-of-the-art facilities. The surgeons at Max Hospital will consider both the aesthetic and functional aspects and develop a personalized surgical plan suited to your needs.
Often, surgical rhinoplasty is supplemented with non-surgical nose restructuring, which involves the insertion of dermal fillers or nose fillers to enhance the shape and achieve the perfect appearance of the nose.
What is the procedure for Nose Reshaping?
Nose reshaping surgery or rhinoplasty is undertaken for many reasons. These could include –
- Straightening the nose bridge
- Reduction of the size of the nose
- Narrowing the nostrils
- Reshaping the tip of the nose
Depending on the changes that need to be made, the surgical procedure could involve a change in the bone structure, the cartilage, and the skin.
Rhinoplasty is performed under anesthesia. Once this is administered, one of the expert surgeons for nose reshaping in India will perform the procedure. It usually involves,
- Making incisions in the nostrils, parting the skin, and reshaping the bone or cartilage.
- It could also involve bone grafting and/or placing an implant.
- A nose reshaping surgery usually takes between one to two hours.
What Should I Expect After The Operation?
- Immediately after the surgery, you may expect some grogginess from the anesthesia and numbness and scarring at the surgical site. A splint and bandage may be placed on the nose. These will be removed as the nose starts to heal and the nose packs will be removed as the septum stabilizes.
- You may feel puffy for a few days and may need to take pain medication as prescribed by the doctor. You also may need to stay at the hospital for a day or two.
- As the nose starts to heal, bleeding and swelling will subside and you may be given some precautions to follow. It is important to contact your doctor if you notice any signs of infection.
- You may experience a temporary nasal drip for a few days.
- The surgeon will see you again within a few days to take out any stitches that may need removal.
- You will be advised to keep your head elevated for a few days.
- You may want to avoid swimming, running, and other strenuous activities for a few days.
What are the risks and complications associated with the surgery?
Any major surgery involves certain risks. These could involve –
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia
- Scarring and bleeding
- Septal perforation
- Damage to nerves causing numbness around the nose
- Increased difficulty in breathing
Your surgeon at Max Hospital will likely discuss these risks with you before you undergo rhinoplasty.
Nose Reshaping Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Who is the right candidate for such nose jobs?
Many nose conditions can be corrected through nose reshaping surgery. These include a boxy tip, depressed nose, deviated septum, flat nose, saddle nose, wide nose, and wide tip that can be corrected through the surgery. Any damage due to trauma can also be corrected. The expert surgeons at Max Hospital will evaluate your health and ability to undergo surgery. Certain conditions such as diabetes or hypertension may increase the risk of complications. Generally, adults in moderately good health are deemed, good candidates.
Q2: Are the results of the treatment permanent?
Ans: The results of nose reshaping surgery in India are permanent. The surgery may be augmented by non-surgical procedures such as the placement of fillers for achieving the perfect result.
Q: Is it safe?
Ans: Rhinoplasty or nose job is a relatively safe procedure. While healing and achieving the desired aesthetic result may take some time, you are likely to recover within a few weeks. It is important to follow up with your doctor regularly following the surgery.
Q: How long does it take to recover?
Ans: Recovery from a nose reshaping surgery could take from a few weeks to months. It is natural to expect scarring, swelling, and/or numbness initially but you can resume regular work within a few weeks. It may take up to a year for the full results to show.
Q: How Much Does A Nose Reshaping Cost?
Ans: The doctors at Max Hospital and the customer support personnel will help you get a proper estimate of the cost involved. This could depend on the extent of reshaping or restructuring required, the need for follow-up surgeries, the need for bone or cartilage grafting, augmentation with fillers, etc.